Kaspersky Free is an antivirus protection software, that helps you keep your PC safe from infections, phishing and more. This Kapersky software offers up free antivirus protection for your files, the web, and email as well as scanning and database updates.
This award-winning security automatically blocks dangerous downloads – and automatically warns you about malicious websites. Also it helps you keep your personal information… safe and sound.
Every time you open an email or visit a website, Kaspersky Free will help keep you safe. It will scan all your emails… and automatically will block phishing websites – that could try to steal your money or identity.
Kaspersky Free is designed to protect you – without getting in your way. It combines security and efficiency. Moreover, the program simplifies security. So you can manage your PC’s protection via any online device.
Kaspersky’s award-winning, cloud-assisted security technologies make it easier for you to defend your PC from the very latest threats. And all without slowing down your computer.
Kaspersky Free Features:
- File Anti-Virus, which protects the computer file system.
- Mail Anti-Virus, which checks inbound and outbound mail for viruses and other malicious programs.
- Web Anti-Virus, which intercepts and blocks scripts on websites should they pose a threat to your computer. With Web Anti-Virus enabled, it controls all traffic and automatically blocks dangerous websites.
- IM Anti-Virus protects information that comes to your computer via IM protocols. That means, it ensures safe operation of various applications for instant messaging.
- Anti-Phishing, which checks whether web-addresses are on the list of phishing websites. This component is built into Web Anti-Virus and IM Anti-Virus.
- On-Screen Keyboard, which prevents malefactors from intercepting information that the user enters with a standard external keyboard.
- Network Attack Blocker blocks all network activity from the attacking computer that is aimed at your computer.
- System Watcher component rolls back the changes made to the operating system by malicious or other activity of applications. It protects against malware, including:
- Screen lockers
- Encryptors that encrypt data and demand payment of a ransom for restoring files to their original state
Changes in Kaspersky Free 188.8.131.5273:
- Now you can increase the number of devices that can be protected with your subscription. Not all users have access to this option.
- Signing in to My Kaspersky with Google or Apple account is no longer supported in Russia.
- Improved the Store window:
- Now you can use Kaspersky Store without logging in to your My Kaspersky account. This option is available with limitations.
- Improved appearance of offer cards in Kaspersky Store.
- All alerts of the application have links to the corresponding help articles.
- Added animation effects to the shield image on the main window of the application.
- Improved the start screen of the installation wizard.
- Improved the Safe Browsing component: now the color of the frame changes when protection components are turned off.
- Eliminated the possibility of installing malicious files when transferring data during the update process.
- Improved PC Speed-Up functionality. Added the option to clean your computer from trace files created by Kaspersky applications.
Changes in Kaspersky Free 184.108.40.2063:
- Now you can resize the application window.
- Improved Smart Home Monitor. A link to the router settings has been added to the Router device card.
- Now you can install the Who calls application for the Russian localization of the Kaspersky application.
- Improved Game Mode and Do not Disturb Mode:
- Game mode is now enabled not only when you run games in a full-screen mode.
- If Do not Disturb Mode and Game Mode are enabled in the Kaspersky application, notifications are not displayed in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and Kaspersky Password Manager installed on the same device.
- Improved procedure for installing the Kaspersky Protection extension in browser. The Security section now includes extension installation statuses for browsers.
- The post-installation chat with the user now includes information about new application components:Smart Home Monitor, Remote Access Detection, and Identity Theft Check.
- Improved the description of the Kaspersky VPN functionality that is displayed at the first start of Kaspersky VPN from the Kaspersky window.
- Improved main application window:
- Events of enabling and disabling the Game Mode and Do Not Disturb mode have been added to the History block.
- Component blocks now all look the same.
- Improved application notifications:
- Notifications now include graphical images corresponding to the topic of the notification.
- The text of notifications about accessing the websites with possible data loss has been improved.
- Added cryptojacking notifications.
- Added cryptocurrency scam notifications.
- Improved potential computer speedup notification. The notification now includes analysis results.
- Improved Customer Service window. The window now lets you make a screen recording to help analyze the problem.
Homepage – https://www.kaspersky.com
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows-based: Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 SP1+
- Mobile: Android 8 – 13
- Mobile: iOS 15 -16
Size: 4.22 MB