TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Changes in Camtasia 2023.4.1 (2023-12-12):
- Improved exporter progress reporting.
- The Emphasize audio effect is now automatically applied to microphone recordings.
Updates for IT Administrators
- Replaced Unity with DryIOC 5.4.3.
- Improved error handling when licensing errors occur due to permissions issues.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent importing of assets via the Assets tab in some environments.
- Fixed a bug that could cause media files to be missing when saving standalone projects to OneDrive.
- Fixed a bug that could result in cursors being recorded at an incorrect size.
- Fixed a bug that could cause exports to introduce a black line in projects with dimensions not divisible by two.
- Fixed an issue where audio volume tooltips would not show after splitting a media
- Users are now prompted to confirm the opening of project files containing network paths, addressing a potential security risk. Thanks to @gokuKaioKen_ for reporting this issue.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when launching help documentation during signin.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent proxying of MTS files.
Changes in Camtasia 2023.4.0 (2023-11-29):
- Improved Batch Video Export
- Introducing a new set it and forget it experience for exporting videos in Camtasia! With the improved Batch Exporter, you can now add multiple projects to a queue and export them all together. All of your standard and custom export presets are available, allowing you to export a series of projects in a variety of sizes and formats. Walk away and let Camtasia’s Batch Exporter work through a number of projects, or keep working on a current project while your other projects export in the background.
- Added a cursor pack with three new cursors (Christmas tree, candy cane, Santa Claus hand).
- Added the ability to resize the Tool Panel
Updates for IT Administrators
- Fixed a security issue where user interaction with a maliciously crafted project file could result in arbitrary code execution.
- Fixed a security issue with the custom file handler protocol, which could result in arbitrary file downloads.
- Fixed a memory leak related to video decoding.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the video to flicker when transitions were applied to special annotations such as Blur or Spotlight.
- Fixed an issue with a label being cut-off in the Media Bin in certain locales
- Fixed a bug that could cause warnings when exporting from Camtasia Rev that did not apply to the Camtasia Rev recording.
- Fixed a bug: Recorder can initialize webcam improperly sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a detached Canvas to change size after an export is completed.
- Updates to mic volume in system settings are now properly reflected in the Recorder interface.
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) 20H2 ot later
- macOS 11.0 or later.
Size: 290 MB