Reg Organizer application designed to edit, clean and maintain registry, fix errors in the system, and improve computer performance. The deep registry search feature lets you find all registry keys related to a specific application.
The program helps you to preview and edit registry files (.reg) and view their content directly from Windows Explorer. It includes Registry cleaner, which will safely compact, repair and optimize the Registry.
With Reg Organizer you can thoroughly search the Registry to find all the keys related to a certain application. The registry tool does this job quicker and better than other similar programs.
Other Reg Organizer features include the ability to find and replace the Registry entries, automatic Registry cleanup, Disk Cleanup tool. Moreover it ensures access to many undocumented Windows features.
With Reg Organizer you can customize the ‘Open with…’ context menu, delete items from the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ dialog. Also you will able to specify the programs to run at Windows startup, analyze the shared dynamic link libraries (DLL) and more. Another set of features will be useful to administrators, as well as ordinary users.
Plug-in expandability gives unlimited possibilities of third party enhancements. There is also a built-in application uninstaller. That allows you to uninstall redundant applications from the system completely.
Reg Organizer main features:
- Registry editor for viewing and editing the system registry. Also for manipulating the registry keys and values, exporting, importing, copying them, etc.
- The registry cleaner can detect many types of registry errors. These include searching the registry for invalid references to files, folders and DLLs.
- Registry search feature can find all keys related to a certain application and delete them, if necessary.
- Defragmenting and compressing the registry. Increase the performance of the registry and consequently the overall performance of your system.
- Ability to get information about any selected registry key and monitor changes of the specific keys.
- Preview of the registry files (*.reg) before adding their contents to the system registry. You can view the files directly from Windows Explorer.
- Functional registry file editor allows you to edit keys and values, add and delete data containing in the .reg files.
- Provide quick access to all programs automatically started with Windows. Using Reg Organizer, you can inspect, edit, or disable such programs.
- Registry search and replace mode offers you a variety of options for searching the registry and replacing the records matching the specified criteria.
- Built-in software uninstaller, based on the Full Uninstall technology. Moreover, it displays changes made by the application to each of the system components.
- Disk Cleanup tool lets you automatically remove unnecessary files from the hard drive. Also it can search for and fix invalid shortcuts.
Changes in Reg Organizer 9.40 (2024-02-05):
- New feature: Scheduled (background) cleaning. If enabled, the program can run periodically in the background and report when it is possible to free some disk space.
- The Maximum cleanup mode of the System Cleanup tool now finds more unnecessary files. This is made possible by automatically adjusting the cleanup locations settings to free up the maximum amount of space when this mode is activated. In the previous version, the same cleanup locations settings were used for both the normal and Maximum cleanup modes, with the only difference being the set of cleanup locations they targeted.
- Added an option to increase the safety of System Cleanup: “Remove only files older than 24 hours from the temporary folder”.
- The Obsolete Downloads location scan has been speeded up.
- While performing the background tasks the tray icon is animated.
- Improved the update checking mechanism for Autorun Organizer itself.
- Bugs fixed:
- The cleanup block on the Express Check screen could hang.
- Disabled startup applications were not excluded from optimization recommendations.
- Sometimes, right after running the cleanup, the Express Check would show that the cleanup is still recommended.
- The program failed to close Yandex Browser before deleting its cache or other cache or other data during system cleaning.
- Fixed white flickering in the Dark theme when switching to the final cleanup screen.
- In the registry editor, above the list of search results, a black rectangle could appear.
Changes in Reg Organizer 9.31 (2023-10-16):
- Bug fixed: When selecting the “Trace with Reg Organizer” command from the context menu of an application’s setup file from any folder in Windows, the setup does not start automatically during the trace.
Changes in Reg Organizer 9.30 (2023-09-20):
- Applications tool:
- Uninstalling multiple applications at once is now faster. If you choose to uninstall multiple applications at once, you only have to go through the uninstall screens once, rather than repeating the same steps for each application you want to uninstall.
- These options became available for some applications during uninstall:
- Speed Up the Standard Uninstaller by Hiding Unnecessary Windows.
- Standard Uninstaller Only. No Traces Lookup.
- Forced Uninstall: No Standard Uninstaller.
- When uninstalling applications, an extra screen has been removed that suggested searching for their traces in the system. Now the search starts automatically when the standard uninstaller finishes, and you will shortly see the number of application traces found in the system.
- A search field to find the item you are interested in was added to the cleanup location’s items browsing window.
- Alphabetical sorting when you click the list columns in the System Cleanup and Private Data Cleanup settings sections.
- Bugs fixed:
- Installing applications with tracing could hang or fail immediately after launch (due to the influence of drivers of certain applications).
- When reopening the application installation with the tracing window, the button at the bottom had the wrong text (“Finish” instead of “Forward”).
- When you uninstall an application using the Applications tool, you may receive an unnecessary duplicate notification that the application has been deleted.
- Applications tool: When filtering applications using the search box, some items were missing from the list.
- When renaming a key in the registry editor, it was copied instead.
- Startup Applications tool: It was impossible to remove RunOnceEx type items.
Homepage – https://www.chemtable.com/organizer.htm
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.